Thursday, September 10, 2009


There is the trio basket ring that my last posting was about.

Today we focused on flush setting. I don't know if it's because I'm getting tired or what, but it was surprising that I didn't do this perfectly (I had taken the previous stone setting course and felt comfortable with this then and prior to today, ha!). Maybe I was just pressuring myself to be too perfect on it, oh well it's over and done with.

I don't have any picture of that, but hopefully I will add some shortly. If you don't know, flush setting is where the stone appears to just be sitting flush with the surface of the metal with nothing apparently holding it in...well to the naked eye that is. It's so so beautiful when done well, maybe that's why I was pressuring myself....hmmmmmm

Tommorow we are working on gypsy setting and making various tools. I'm pretty excited about the gypsy setting since we didn't get to that in the intensive stone setting course I took. Hopefully everything goes a little better tomorrow.

Gosh this week has just flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment