So today we worked on filing a knife edge ring where the knife edge wasn't quite on center and also filing a top square plane flat and making sure the square was true (right angles and sharp edges and points). It was quite challenging. I don't have a picture to share, but I don't think it would do the project justice anyhow without having a before picture.
We are going to be bead setting a stone into this ring in the coming weeks...not quite sure when though.
We also started with the torch and various safety tips. The torch stuff was pretty basic so far, but I'm sure it will get a little more challenging tomorrow. We did talk a lot about various ways to catch yourself on fire which was pretty entertaining. Hopefully no one has to yell "FIRE!" any time soon.
Up for tomorrow:
We are starting to size rings up and down and learning different torch manipulation.