Friday, October 2, 2009

And complete!

We finished up the three stone ring today. We won't be setting the stones for a few more weeks so that we can get a little more practice. We also are going to rhodium plate them at some point, I believe.

I made the mistake of trying to size this down a size and a half and had a very bad result of the top of the shank pulling away from the gallery wire. I was able to fix it with some help. I had to saw the bottom gallery from the shank and then re-bend the shank to meet the gallery. It was a panicked moment, but thankfully the fix was not as bad or as hard as I thought it would be.

I think I'm going to set garnets in the ring, but I haven't quite decided yet. I thought red would be a good color for the upcoming fall/winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment