Wednesday, October 7, 2009

princess and bezel setting

The first pictures is of the finished princess setting from the picture yesterday (the v-prongs). We finished cutting the bearing and then pushed in the prongs and worked on them with files and a flat graver to restore the proper angles and shape. We then cleaned it all up with a rubber wheel.

We also started on setting an oval bezel in a thick bezel. I still have some onglette cuts to clean up some extra metal off the stone and then some rubber wheeling to do, and then this will be finished.

Not sure what we're working on tomorrow, but I'm fairly certain it's stone setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment