Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Princess setting

We worked on Princess setting today. We set the first in a 4 prong tiffany setting that is traditionally used for round stones. We were able to do this with a few tricks such as using a ball bur to cut a pocket for the corner of the stone to sit in. We then used gravers to custom cut a seat and finally finished up with two different hart burs.

We then started on the v-prong princess setting. We cut the same ball bur hole for the corners to sit in and then cut the bearing with the same hart bur from the previous tiffany setting. For some reason people were having problems cutting the bearing on this, so we didn't finish this up today, we will finish it in the morning.

Tomorrow we will move into a trellis princess cut I believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment